Posted: January 17, 2018
Toshiba released their 64L NAND solution (BiCS FLASH) in a SanDisk Ultra 3d SSD in 2017. TechInsights has conducted a significant amount of analysis on this product, including the following highlights:
- Memory density reached up to 3.40 Gb/mm2, which is 40% increased from their 48L TLC
- Memory array efficiency still kept 70% on a die
- 64L 256 Gb die size is shrunk to 75.2 mm2 from 105.4 mm2 (48L 256 Gb die)
- Different NAND cell layouts including 8 strings additionally with one dummy strings for every CSL
- 19 nm BL half pitch used
- 73 Gates stacked including selectors, active and dummy wordlines
- Improved memory peripheral design and circuits
There are many reasons this device caught our attention, and we have conducted a great deal of analysis on it. We are offering the reports defined below about the Samsung 64L 3D V-NAND, as well as information available through our various subscription products and tools.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.