Temperatures are cooling off, but the path is still clear
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to cool off, slipping to 88 degrees
- Despite the recent slowdown, order activity remains in a healthy expansion phase
- Bookings and backlogs are still hovering at record levels, especially for WFE suppliers
- Although the memory market has been eroding in 2H22, demand for semiconductor equipment remains strong
- We expect the equipment market to remain supply-constrained throughout 2022, which is why last week we lowered the equipment forecast by five points to 13%
- Chipmakers will keep a closer eye on capacity expansions in 2023 in order to prevent overcapacity
- Memory manufacturers are already doing this and others could follow suit in 2023
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to head south
- DRAM tumbled
- NAND plunged
- MPUs declined
- Planned capacity additions are rising
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.