Still green but clouds loom
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment extended its decline, slipping to 84 degrees
- All segments trended lower led by Subcon/Adv. Packaging and SOC Computing where temperatures slid more than 4 points
- The Assembly market, in particular, is feeling the brunt of the correction
- Assembly sales increased by mid-single digits in 1H22 compared to last year; however, 2H22 sales are projected to tumble more than 25%
- As a result, Assembly yearly sales are now on track to drop more than 10%
- WFE activity is still holding up well and most WFE suppliers are not seeing any meaningful shift in demand yet
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index Index continued to flash warning signals as it headed further south
- DRAM tumbled
- NAND declined
- MPUs declined
- Utilization rates are hovering around 97%
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.