The second half is looking solid despite macro concerns
The Chip Insider®
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment held steady at a hot 110 degrees in the second week of May
- All segments ended the week flat, except for Memory which slipped to a new low for the year
- Activity in the non-memory segments remains red hot as end-demand continues to outpace supply
- There were no notable changes to the forecasts in May as the data came in line with our expectations
- Semiconductor inventories jumped higher as companies continued to increase their inventory buffer due to ongoing supply chain constraints
- Meanwhile, macroeconomics risks are looming
- Increasing interest rates along with soaring energy prices will put negative pressure on economic growth in the second half of the year
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to trend lower
- DRAM tumbled
- NAND flat
- MPUs flat
- Hyperscale Fabless Capex surged 27% YoY in 1Q22
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.