It’s red hot out there despite growing concerns about the economic outlook
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment declined a mere 0.2 points in the third week of May
- Despite the pullback in the last couple of months, overall activity remains at elevated levels
- Equipment backlog remains high as bookings stretch into 2023
- Although equipment demand is as strong as it has ever been, supplying the tools to chipmakers remains a challenge
- Supply constraints are expected to abate in 2H22 as more capacity comes online and China reopens its economy
- However, the pace of these improvements will determine how much the industry can ship in 2H22 and if equipment can hit our forecast of +20% for the year
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index continued to trend lower, but at a slower rate
- DRAM fell
- NAND flat
- MPUs declined
- Planned capacity additions are on the rise
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.