It’s cooling off as more fog rolls in
- Order activity for semiconductor equipment continued to trend lower, slipping to 86 degrees
- Subcon/Adv. Packaging led the decline with temperatures tumbling 8 points last week
- Even though the overall activity remains in an expansion phase, cracks are forming underneath
- There is bifurcation taking place between WFE and the Back-end
- The activity in the Back-end is cooling off considerably due to weaker market conditions, especially in the Memory and consumer-centric markets
- The Back-end is typically the canary in the coal mine and a leading indicator for the equipment and the ICs because it’s closer to the end markets
- The pullback in the Back-end is not surprising and is in line with our expectations of weakening market conditions
- TechInsights’ Chip Price Performance Index remained in a free-fall state
- DRAM tumbled
- NAND tumbled
- MPUs declined
- Inventories are surging
Get the latest analysis of new developments in semiconductor market and research analysis.
Subscribers can view the full article in the TechInsights Platform.
You must be a subscriber to access the Manufacturing Analysis reports & services.
If you are not a subscriber, you should be! Enter your email below to contact us about access.
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.