Posted: June 12, 2018
TechInsights has found the long-awaited Cannon Lake - the Intel 10 nm logic process inside the i3-8121U CPU, used in the Lenovo IdeaPad330.
This innovation boasts the following:
- Logic transistor density of 100.8 mega transistors per mm2, increasing 10nm density 2.7X over the 14nm node
- Utilizes third generation FinFET technology
- Minimum gate pitch of Intel’s 10 nm process shrinks from 70 nm to 54 nm
- Minimum metal pitch shrinks from 52 nm to 36 nm
- Deepest scaled pitches of current 10 nm and upcoming 7 nm technologies
- First Co metallization and Ru usage in BEOL
- New self-aligned patterning schemes at contact and BEOL
- Hyperscaling via 6.2-Track high density library
- Contact on active gate (COAG) cell-level usage
More To Explore
Sign up for latest analysis, news and insights from TechInsights!
Revealing the innovations others cannot inside advanced technology products
1891 Robertson Rd #500, Nepean, ON K2H 5B7
Copyright © 2023 TechInsights Inc. All rights reserved.